Patience and perséverance
- Pause to ask the Trinity for their light.
- Ask the persevering woman to present you to Jesus with her courage.
- Chat with him: praise Jesus for creating and redeeming you; thank him for giving you his prayer, especially when you lack words.
- Ask Jesus for grace to deepen your confident courage to pray in his name.
- Close saying slowly the prayer he taught us. Its opening words remind us we come to no judge or uncaring taskmaster but to the author, giver and sustainer of our lives, Jesus’ father and ours.
- Robert J. Wicks, Seed of Sensitivity: Deepening Your Prayer Life (Notre Dame, IN: Ave Maria Press, 1995, 2003) discusses these and seven more in a treasure-trove of much practical insight and encouragement.
- Psalm 88.19.