God is in everyone’s life. Even if the life of a person has been a disaster, even if it is destroyed by vices, drugs or anything else—God is in this person’s life. ...seek God in every human life. Although the life of a person is a land full of thorns and weeds, there is always a space in which the good seed can grow.3
- Allow yourself to grow aware of the Trinity lovingly creating you with a purpose.
- Ask the Samaritan leper to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with him about your life. Hold back nothing. Ask Jesus for grace to recognize him visiting you in person in all manners of ways.
- Name a way Jesus has helped heal the purpose of your life—drawn you closer to his purpose; savor it and resolve to act on it.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus gave it to us to help us live his faith. It helps us see more clearly that forgiveness is more than polite. It works Jesus’ healing transformation in us modern-day apostles. We continue his healing transformation each moment we risk taking his prayer’s lead both to ask for his compassionate mercy and to imitate it.
- Catechism of the Catholic Church #260.
- Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, 2.
- Interview given to Jesuit publications.
- Dennis Linn, Sheila Fabricant Linn and Matthew Linn, Healing the Purpose of Your Life. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 1999. The slim book demonstrates that healing is more than physical. It also is God’s desire for us.