Gn 14. 18-20; Ps 110; 1Co 11.23-26; Lk 9. 11b-17
The purpose of the Eucharist isn’t to change bread and; wine into Jesus Christ, it’s to change you and me into Jesus Christ…. We are supposed to become the word of comfort and forgiveness, we are supposed to become the bread of life for the world, we are supposed to become the healing oil.5
- Rest in our triune God with worship to help you: trace the sign of the cross on yourself several times as you say the Divine Name slowly.
- Ask the disciples, who cooperated with Jesus in their imperfection, to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with him: praise him for dying, rising and giving us his Spirit; ask Jesus to help you experience your baptized life nourished by his eucharist in a more loving, active and generous fashion.
- Ask Jesus for grace to cooperate more readily with his Spirit abiding in you.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Saying Jesus’ words, Our Father, reminds us Jesus revealed God personally and that like risen Jesus, his Father brings us more alive by Holy Spirit in us.
- Working with schizophrenia.
- John 6.33.
- 1Corinthians 11.21.
- Sermon 272.
- I’m grateful to brother Jesuit Joe Kosczera, who heard Fr. Taft respond to the question.
Wiki-images: Miracle of Loaves and Fishes PD-US; Copyright © 2007 David Monniaux Common wheat CC BY-SA 3.0