Having celebrated Ascension last Thursday, the Diocese of Erie celebrates a Sunday solemnity today
- Pause and rest in our triune God.
- Ask the Apostles and St. Stephen to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with him: praise Jesus for dying and rising for you; thank him for giving you a share in his Spirit.
- Ask Jesus for grace to surrender to his Spirit, who empowers you to imagine and reason with the mind of Jesus daily.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. His words guide us to live his Spirit with others and for our world.
- Aidan Kavanagh, OSB, “Opinion: Beware the ‘Bottom Line,’” Reflections, Summer-Fall 1993 (The Divinity School, Yale University) 28.
- “Upon Julia’s Clothes,” Hesperides, p. 41. Aidan Kavanagh reminded me of these verses when his essay arrived in my mail ten years ago. I first heard them as a child from my poetic Grandmother.