To ask Jesus what truth is asks Jesus who he is. No human response satisfactorily answers that. Yet all power finds its meaning in Jesus. Someone once rearranged the letters of a Latin translation of Pilate’s question, What is truth?2 The person arrived at this answer: The man who stands before you.
- Bask in the life of the Trinity.
- Ask your patron saint to present you to Jesus. Chat with Jesus:
- Thank him for creating you and redeeming you.
- Ask Jesus for the grace to surrender to him so you and your life will be a faithful witness to his Spirit alive in you.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus gave it to us to help us live our royal, priestly, prophetic mission with renewed courage and conviction.
- The meaning of Alpha and Omega in Revelation 1.8.
- Quid est veritas? Est vir qui adest. This appeared in Ripely’s Believe it Or Not in the 1950s.
- Romans 8.21.