Jesus saw the crowds. He saw religious professionals: scribes; Pharisees; elders. He saw wealthy and poor; and his disciples. When we hear and read Jesus speaking to his disciples, Jesus addresses us, his disciples now, the church. Let’s hear him.
- Ease into an awareness that the Trinity recreates you.
- Ask the poor widow to present you to Jesus.
- Praise and thank Jesus for your faith and consider how freely you live your faith: Am I a good steward of God’s many gifts? Am I a loving steward? Or am I an anxious steward, who needs to manage anxiety more than God’s gifts?
- Ask Jesus for the grace to live your faith more freely.
- Close by saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus gave it to us to say daily so we might live more freely this day, this hour, this moment given us. Not by our schemes but by faith’s freedom are we parables for each other and everyone we meet.