and he walked.2
At Jacob’s well in Samaria, Jesus conversed with a woman about water and added he could give her living water.3 Not only would Jesus give her living water, Jesus offered it to everyone, “Let anyone who thirsts come to me and drink,”4 he said aloud in the temple. Today we heard Jesus give his new purpose—his shape or form—to bread, I am the living bread.
Faith in Jesus gives birth to a relationship with our Messiah. Like all relationships, our faith is more than a mental exercise. It involves our entire selves. What does one do? One accepts Messiah Jesus, welcomes him, longs for him like other relationships. We seek to make the pattern of Messiah Jesus’ life the pattern for our living. We know we live our Messiah’s way by the presence in our lives of the fruit of [his] Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Rest in the Trinity, who creates you with a purpose.
- Ask the crowds who went looking for Jesus to present you to him.
- Praise Jesus for giving you life each moment.
- Ask him for grace to hunger for him and give you courage to replicate his pattern of living.
- Close saying slowing the Lord’s Prayer. As we say it slowly, we stop mouthing words; instead we grow to make Jesus’ way of living our way of living.