We easily forget Jesus was one with our humanity. That Jesus sweat and wept tears may astonish, even scandalize people more sharply. Indeed, Jesus came through water: Jesus experienced our humanity fully and completely. To reflect on Jesus questions us: do we give ourselves fully to our humanity? or do we live it only partially?
risen Jesus wants us to touch his wounds with our believing and our behavior. We, who have reentered the world in the water of our baptism, are called to join our lives to our Messiah’s mission by sharing our faith and working for the common good of all.
- Bask in the love of the Trinity creating you.
- Ask the apostles to present you to Jesus.
- In your words, praise Jesus for dying and rising for you.
- Ask Jesus for grace to live your humanity and your baptismal vocation fully.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Praying his prayer sanctifies our blood, sweat and tears, and it infuses them with evangelizing power for our sakes and the sake of our world.
- Hebrews 5.7.