Jesus was crystal clear about his identity: the self-donating God in flesh is the Messiah of God, our one master. Service characterizes our one master’s saving power. Jesus embodied everything God so patiently revealed. Other valid teachers did not: observe all things what-soever [the Pharisees] tell you, but do not follow their example. That included honorific titles and being religious to win others’ approval, which is not holy at all.
- Pause in the love by which the Trinity creates you each moment.
- Ask St. Paul to present you to Jesus so you may converse with him.
- In your words speak with Jesus: praise him for revealing God to you by his strong tenderness.
- Ask Jesus for the grace to live his strong tenderness by your choices, your actions, your life.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus gave us his prayer as the key to unlock our hearts so we may live more readily and clearly as his companions and disciples.