Preaching includes words, to be sure. Preaching Messiah Jesus goes beyond words: our choices and our actions preach him, too. When we choose to put another’s interest ahead of ours, we preach Jesus. When we act in ways that respect another’s value and dignity, we preach Jesus. When we dialogue with open minds and hearts and work together, we preach Jesus. When we live simply so that creation suffers less by our choices and at our hands, we preach Jesus. When we a willing to love, we preach Jesus. When we allow others to love us, we preach Jesus.
In your daily 15 minutes with Jesus this week
- Become aware of the Divine Persons embracing you with loving delight.
- Ask John the Baptizer to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with him: praise Jesus for dying and rising for us; thank him for welcoming us to share in his mission to make known his Father and his Father’s dream for all people, for all creation.
- Ask Jesus for grace to announce him by all our choices, actions and speech.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus gave it to us so we might point others to him.