[Play] is as the process of finding new combinations for known things—combinations that may yield new forms of expression, new inventions, new discoveries, and new solutions. …It’s exactly what children’s play seems to be about and explains why so many people have come to think that children’s play is so important a part of childhood—and beyond.1
- Rest in the love of our triune God.
- Ask Samuel, Andrew, the Baptist or your patron saint to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with him: praise Jesus for proclaiming the gospel for you; thank Jesus for your life and for the vocation-mission Jesus has given you. Or, if you are discerning a vocation, thank Jesus for your life and ask Jesus to enlighten you.
- Ask Jesus for grace to welcome him as our Savior and to walk more closely his way.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus’ gave us his prayer to guide us all to grow more familiar with Jesus and his way and put our faithful friendship with Jesus into action.
- Chapter 5, 1983.
- Nathanael, a few verses later. John 1.49.
- Lamb resonated powerfully: Isaiah 53.7; Jeremiah 11.19.