Why was Paul so emotional? The Galatians had received the gospel when he was with them. They abandoned it after he had left them. Paul expressed himself this way at the beginning:
That language of his letter and today’s selection from it lets us know Paul was no shy or tormented soul. From the beginning of his Letter to the Galatians, who began listening to others, St. Paul defended his apostleship.
- Pause to feel recreated by our triune God.
- Ask St. Paul to present you to Jesus.
- Hear Jesus address you lovingly, saying, Allow my Spirit to guide you and refashion your heart and your life.
- Chat with Jesus: about how you feel his Spirit; how you are aware of him. Ask him to enlighten your heart, mind and choices.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Each time we pray it we give voice to the heart of Jesus, who desires us to rely on him more and to allow his Spirit in us guide our choices, words and actions.
Wiki-image of the beginning of the Letter to the Galatians public domain in the U.S. Wiki-image by Bischöfliche Pressestelle Hildesheim (bph) of raising of the widow's son CC BY-SA 3.0.