First: those who suffered for giving witness to Jesus, shared the witness of Jesus, who was slain but now lives9 and ransomed humans—past, present and future—by his blood.10 “But it is not only the martyrs who share in his passion by their glorious courage,” St. Leo reminded us; “the same is true, by faith, of all who are reborn through baptism. ...our sharing in the body and blood of Christ [changes] us into what we receive. As we have died with him, and have been buried and raised to life with him, so we bear him within us, both in body and in spirit, in everything we do.”11
- Rest yourself in our triune God.
- Ask John on Patmos to present you to risen Jesus.
- Speak to Jesus: about your life and how it moves toward and away from him; and how Jesus is leading and guiding you.
- Ask Jesus for grace to be more alert to him walking with you and to follow him more closely.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus gave us his words for us to keep close the already of new life in him and the not yet of its promised fullness.