Our triune God does have a mind. The Trinity thinks, chooses, plans, loves and desires our loyal friendship. The Trinity has made known to us the divine mind in Messiah Jesus. Jesus’ Spirit enlightens us and gives us our courage to befriend our triune God.
- Compose yourself in our Triune God.
- Ask Mary and the saints to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with Jesus: praise Jesus for giving you a share in his faith and for giving you his Spirit to live his faith. Notice what stirs in you: what invitation Jesus offers you and your response to him emerging in you.
- Ask Jesus for grace to put your faith in action.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus’ prayer expresses his mind. By giving us his prayer Jesus lets all of us share his mind. By praying his words, we embody his mind and make it more available to us, and through us, to others. The rest are details.
- Some consider he didn’t say it. It appeared at the BBC, which is known for fact-checking.
- Joe Paprocki. His reflection on the theme is at his blog.
- A paraphrase of St. Ignatius of Loyola. See his Spiritual Exercises, Second Week, Third Prelude.