- Exactly when will Benedict XVI depart for Castel Gandolfo after the formal end of his papacy at 8 p.m. Rome time Feb. 28, and when exactly will he return to move into a former monastery on Vatican grounds?
- What will happen to symbols of Benedict's papacy, such as papal ring and seal?
- Will Benedict take part in the public ceremonies of his successor, such as the installation Mass of the new pope?
- What will Benedict's title be after he steps down?
- Who exactly will move in with Benedict to run his household and act as aides?
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Closer Look at Papal Resignation
Several particulars remain up in the air. Mr. John L. Allen Jr. listed:
Mr. Allen reports on “what we can say as of today in response to some of the most obvious questions.”