The way Jesus ministered is worth pondering. First, with John the Baptizer’s arrest Jesus came into his own: the kingdom of heaven is at hand! Matthew used that phrase to describe God’s presence Jesus announced; we’ll hear it as we follow Matthew’s gospel throughout this liturgical year. Put another way Jesus announced God’s dream for the world was dawning.
In your daily 15 minutes with Jesus this week
- Become aware of the Divine Persons embracing you with loving delight.
- Ask Mary and your patron saint to present you to Jesus.
- Chat with him: praise Jesus for dying and rising for us; thank him for welcoming us to share in his mission to make known his Father and his Father’s dream for all people, for all creation.
- Ask Jesus for grace to announce him by all our choices, actions and speech.
- Close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. His prayer is unifying because all Christians revere it. It recognizes God is the source of all things; that includes God’s gift of Christian unity with which we cooperate to make it real and keep it real.